Fat Loss Tips
- Eat every four to five hours during the day. Eat breakfast within an hour of waking. Never skip breakfast or you’ll pay for it all day long having more cravings due to low blood sugar!
- Consume small amounts of low-fat protein (animal or vegetarian) with each meal. Start your meal with a protein instead of bread. The protein should be about the size of the palm of your hand, that’s about three to five ounces per meal. Avoid high-fat proteins such as bacon and salami.
- Eat low-sugar carbohydrates such as berries, melons, vegetables, whole grains and brown rice. Limit (or eliminate) white flour carbohydrates all together such as bagels, pasta, breads, crackers, and chips. These are refined, processed carbohydrates that can cause increased fat storage if eaten in excess.
- Stop eating two hours before bedtime.
- DAILY FAT LOSS SUPPLEMENTS and REBALANCE DROPS– take daily fat loss packets for increased energy, reduced cravings, and metabolism support. (Click here for Daily Metabolism Packets) (Click here for Rebalance Drops)
- Drink eight glasses of water/day; add lemon for taste and cleansing effect.
- STRESS causes fat gain – consider the stress pack to regulate your cortisol rhythm- The AM SUPPLEMENT will boost energy during day, increase focus, stamina and reduce cravings – and the PM SUPPLEMENT will help turn off your brain at night for deep fat burning sleep. Click here to order STRESS PM
- Limit or eliminate all juices, sodas, and other sugary drinks from your diet. Please do not drink your calories; one-mocha is about as many calories as an entire meal.
- Add good fats to your diet, such as almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds (handful per day), olives, olive oil, avocados, and try to avoid lard, fried foods, margarine, shortening, etc. True… you need some good fat in your diet for fat metabolism, but too much of the bad kind will put the fat back on!
- Try to have some carbohydrates, protein, and fat at each meal (such as a scrambled egg, fruit and almonds; or grilled chicken, vegetables and salad). If possible try to avoid starch at night.
- Take the Balance DOCS Mood Supplement at night to help with cravings and sleep and anxiety associated with over-eating and cravings (click here to order MOOD SUPPLEMENT)
- Add thirty minutes of “heart pumping exercise” to your day, five days per week: dancing, walking, cycling, a video exercise tape, stair climbing. Better yet, mix it up and do two different exercises each week, changing new exercises every three weeks. Introducing new activities keeps your metabolism working harder and encourages accelerated fat loss. Try to break a sweat to insure a good fat burn.
- Add ten to thirty minutes of weight-resistance strengthening exercises, such as abdominal crunches, push- ups, leg lifts, or hand weights. You don’t need to go to a gym if you do not want to. Strength training helps to prevent the muscle loss that occurs with age. Reduced muscle mass means lowered metabolism. Remember muscle IS your metabolism. Don’t lose it.
- Get a hormone test kit and consultation by Nisha Jackson – hormone and weight loss expert to rule out underlying hormone problems causing you to gain weight or inability to lose it. (Click here to order HORMONE TESTING KIT)
- Take a day off once a week – Optional