Americans are Tired
Every day, Americans complain about being bushed. We say we have too much to do, not enough time, and need recharging. Here are some quick tips to get you “re-charged” NOW!
- Your diet – PLEASE do not skip breakfast; your engine will sputter to a stop before noon if you do!
- You must eat a breakfast that helps you feel better both mentally and physically, which means protein! And don’t be afraid to eat eggs!
- Throughout the day, eat every three to four hours—three squares and two snacks. Include a little protein, a little good fat, and some complex carbs in each.
- Eat more fiber, which gives your energy staying power. You need 25-30 grams of fiber daily. Try adding two tablespoons of flax seed meal for extra fiber and help with hormone balance!
- Your brain – Give it a quick boost with the omega-3s found in tuna and salmon. Add B-complex (which can be found in our Rebalance Sleep) and stay hydrated. You should be urinating every 2-4 hours, and the color should be clear or very pale. Watch caffeine intake after noon, so you can sleep well at night.
- Your spirit – Splash or spray water on your face to energize when you’re getting burned out. Make up some distilled water with lavender drops, peppermint, grapefruit, orange, or other essential oils and use to spritz your face. Wear clothes that make you feel and look your best. Vent your feelings, and don’t let stress build up. Put on some uplifting or relaxing music. Let go of grudges—you’re only hurting yourself. Practice deep breathing, and de-clutter an area of your home or desk. Do something nice for somebody else. You’ll feel better.
- Your rest – Cut way back on evening TV watching. Put your alarm clock where you can’t keep an eye on it. Put your pet to bed someplace where you won’t be bothered during the night. Keep the bedroom cool at 54-75 degrees. Exercise during the day. Write down any worries you have earlier so you don’t dwell on them when you go to bed.
Cheer up! Today is a perfect day to make some positive changes.